Part I: Before You Start the Update.
You can update your computer from home or school. Be sure to locate your computer in a safe location, where you can keep it plugged in and it will not be turned off or closed during the 1-4 hour update cycle.
- Back up files on your computer to Google Drive.
- Restart your computer (By doing so, it will ensure you have quit and saved all of your work.)
- Plugin your computer to power and leave it on. (By doing so, it will ensure your computer does not shut off in the middle of the update, which would be problematic.)
- Do not close the screen on your computer, shut down, or restart your computer.
- You should plan that it will take 45 min. to 4 hours for the update to complete.
To see a walkthrough of these steps in video, please click here.
Part II: Starting the Update Process (est. 45 min - 2 hours):
1. A pop-up window will appear letting you know that a MacOS Upgrade is required.
2. Choose "OK" if you would like to proceed with Upgrading your Operating System.
3. Choose "Cancel" if you would not like to proceed in Upgrading your Operating System.
3. This pop-up is schedule to appear once every week until "Ok" has been selected.
(In the event that you have chosen "Cancel" and want to Upgrade instead of waiting for the pop-up to appear again. Simply open Self-Service and search for "Ventura".)
Part III: Utilizing Self-Service: (est. 1-5 min)
1. After you have chosen "OK" the prompt will disappear and Self-Service will open.
2. Sign into Self-Service with your username and password Ex: cnorthrup
3. Once signed in, Ventura will be available for Upgrade
4. Click the button underneath the Ventura Icon that says "Install"
5. A prompt will appear asking for your username and password and click "Continue" (Use the same one you use to login into your computer.)
Part IV: Downloading Ventura (est. 10-15 min)
1. Once you've clicked "Continue" a new box will appear that will say, "Downloading Mac OS". This can take some time, just let the computer sit, and the progress bar will fill up.
2. Once the progress bar completes or fills up, you'll be prompted to "confirm" this Upgrade.
Part V: Installing Ventura (est. 30-45 min)
1. After you've confirmed, a installation window will appear letting you know that it's preparing the installer.
2. The progress bar at the bottom will fill up, and once it reaches 100%, the computer will then restart.
3. Once the computer restarts, you'll be prompted to login like you always have.
Mac OS Upgrade has been completed.
1. If Ventura does not install or there are issues during this process, please submit a support ticket at support.blakeschool.org