Although ISS does not "officially" support the Google Sync service and your iOS (iPad & iPhone), we recognize the utility of being able to take advantage of the tool. Therefore, we provide the following documentation as a reference for you to configure Google Sync on your personal device.
Part I. Ensure you meet the Requirements
- Google Sync is only supported on Apple iOS versions 3.0 and above. You can check your current version by going to Settings > General > About > Version. If you're running an iOS before 3.0, upgrade to the latest iOS on Apple's site:http://www.apple.com/ios/ before setting up Google Sync.
- Check your Safari cookies settings to see if it is set to "From Visited" or "Always". If it's set to "Never", you're more likely to be prompted to solve the CAPTCHA.
Part II: Backing Up Data
Perform a sync with iTunes to ensure that Contacts and Calendars from your iOS device are backed up to your computer. Learn more about backing up your, visit: Contacts and Calendars
Part III: Getting Started (after you have checked the Requirements and Backed Up your data)
1. Open the Settings application on your device's home screen.
2. Open Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
3. Press Add Account....
4. Select Microsoft Exchange.
5. In the Email field, enter your full Google Account email address (email@example.com). If you use an @googlemail.com address, you may see an "Unable to verify certificate" warning when you proceed to the next step.
6. Leave the Domain field blank. Do NOT put any information in this field.
7. Enter your full Google Account email address as the Username (firstname.lastname@example.org).
8. Enter your Google Account password as the Password (the same "Academic" network password that use to login into Google Apps @Blake).
9. Enter "Blake Mail, Calendar, and Contacts" in the Description field.
10. Tap Next at the top of your screen.
11. Choose Continue if the Cannot Verify Server Identity dialog appears.
12. When the new Server field appears, enter m.google.com.
13. Press Next at the top of your screen again.
Part IV: Enable Mail, Calendar, and Contacts
Please watch How to sync Google Calendar, Contacts, and Email to iPhone on YouTube:
Please read Google's support documentation: Setting up Google Sync with your iOS device