Transferring iPhoto 9 library to iPhoto 11
1. Plug in your backup drive
2. Open your backup Home folder and navigate to the Pictures folder
3. Open a new finder window (command + N) and navigate to your local Home folder.
4. Open the Pictures folder on your backup drive
5. Drag your iPhoto Library to your local Pictures folder
6. You will be prompted with the following message. Select Replace.
7. After your files have transferred, open iPhoto. You will be prompted to upgrade your version of iPhoto. Select Upgrade. Depending on how large your library is, this could take an hour to complete.
8. Once the iPhoto Library is upgraded, your photos and events will now be accessible in iPhoto.