- Insert your CD or DVD into your Mac. You should see your CD/DVD disc mounted on your Desktop. (If the DVD Player or other app automatically launches, quit it first).
- Open Disk Utility (Applications > Utilities). In the list on the left, you will see two CD/DVD icons. Select the CD/DVD disc that is indented.
- Click on "New Image" in the Disk Utility main window.
- Choose a name and a destination in the "Save As..." window. Set the "Image Format" to "DVD/CD Master" and the "Encryption" to "none". Click Save.
- Disk Utility will create a new image. This may take several minutes. Once done, eject the original disc from your Mac.
- Return to Disk Utility. Find your new Disk Image in the list on the left. Insert a writable CD/DVD disc into your Mac.
- Click on "Burn" in the Disk Utility main window. Choose the burn speed and check/uncheck Verify Burned Data as needed. If you are unsure leave the defaults.
- Once your CD/DVD is successfully burned, it will be confirmed and ready.
- Save your new Disk Image if you need more copies or delete it to save space.