Connecting to Mamabear, Papabear, Babybear
Go to the Finder by clicking on the icon in the Dock.
- Open the "Go" menu at the top of the screen and choose "Connect to Server."
- In the "Server Address" field, type in the hostname or IP address of the server to which you wish to connect.
Upper School students/faculty should type in mamabear.blakeschool.org (smb://mamabear.blakeschool.org). Click on the + sign to save.
Hopkins campus students/faculty should type in papabear.blakeschool.org (smb://papabear.blakeschool.org). Click on the + sign to save.
Highcroft students/faculty should type in babybear.blakeschool.org (smb://babybear.blakeschool.org). Click on the + sign to save.
- Enter a valid username and password when prompted for authentication. You will now be able to access the shared files on the server.
- Click the "Connect" button. Your Mac will now attempt to establish a connection to the specified server, and you can select the appropriate file server share.
- Your personal file share will contain three folders:
DropBox: Where students and colleagues can save information to you to review.
Private: Where you can store files that only you have access to.
Public: Where you can leave files that anyone can access.
Note: If you are accessing your file server while off-campus you will need to first establish a VPN connection, then use the Go menu. See: Connecting to Blake VPN with Cisco AnyConnect Client on Macs in order to Access Mamabear, Papabear, and Babybear File Servers