Follow the steps below to change your academic password.
If you are on-campus you can skip Part 1 and go directly to Part 2.
Off-campus remote users will need to first connect to VPN so follow steps in Part 1 and Part 2.
Part 1 - Setup & Connect to VPN
1. From the Apple menu choose System Preferences.
2. Choose "Network" located in the System Preferences window.
3. Select AcademicVPN from the list on the left. Check the box to "Show VPN status in menu bar." Click Apply. Close the window.
4. Click on the VPN shortcut on the menu bar at the top of your desktop. Select Connect AcademicVPN.
5. Enter your Academic credentials to login.
6. Review and accept the usage policy. Click OK. You are now connected to VPN.
Part 2 - Change your Academic Password
- From the Apple menu choose System Preferences.
- Choose "Users & Accounts" located in the System Preferences window.
- Select the username whose password you want to change.
- Click the Change Password button.
Note: Your password must be at least 8 characters long, include upper and lower case letters, and a number.
- Enter a new password in both the Password and Verify fields, and add a hint if desired.
- Click on Change Password. Close window.
- Restart your computer. Before a restart you should log out of gmail, save your work and quit all applications.