Watch how to find documents and folders using the Recent, Activity, and All Items Label in Google Drive:
- Sort document by "Activity," items updated by myself and colleagues based on the most recently updated.
- "All Items," all of the documents that are located in "My Drive" and "Shared with Me"
Sort files in your Google Drive
Sort your Google Drive to keep track of important files, folders and Google Docs.
You'll find the following sort options under the Sort menu in the upper right of your Google Drive (next to the gear menu).
- Last edited by me
This options sorts items in order of when you last modified them. It's the same as theRecently edited filter in the left-hand navigation.
- Last modified
This option sorts items in order of when they were last modified by a collaborator, and is particularly helpful to keep track of items that your collaborators have recently edited or modified.
- Last opened by me
This option sorts items based on the order in which you've last opened an item or document, which is useful when you accidentally close a tab in your browser or didn't bookmark your item.
This option sorts items in your Google Drive by title in alphabetical order.
Navigation Labels in Google Drive:
Google Drive on the web offers several ways to filter and view your files, folders and Google Docs. These filters help you find your files more easily. Here's a list of the filters you'll find in the left-hand navigation:My Drive
- Everything in your Google Drive that you’ve created, synced and uploaded. You can automatically sync My Drive to the Google Drive folder on your computer.
- All of the files, folders and Google Docs that have been shared with you. To sync files in this view, move them to My Drive.
- The Shared with me filter doesn't include files shared to a mailing list or files set to 'Anyone with the link' or 'Public' (unless the file has been shared directly to your email address).
- Items that you’ve marked with a star.
- All of your private and shared files that you've opened in reverse chronological order.
- Everything that has been edited recently. This view includes anything that you've created, that has been shared with you, or that you've clicked the link to open.
- Everything in your Google Drive. This filter doesn't contain items that you've put in the Trash. Click More to see this filter in the left-hand navigation.
- Everything that you've placed in the Trash. Click More to see this filter in the left-hand navigation. Click More to see this filter in the left-hand navigation.
- You can only trash items that you own. For items you don't own, you can select Remove from the More menu.