Watch How to Read and respond to posts using the web interface in Google Groups:
To read and respond to posts using the web interface:
- Click on the 'My Groups' button on the Home screen. A list of all your subscribed groups appears.
- Click on a group name. The Topics screen appears with a list of all current topics. Notice that all of the unread posts for a topic are listed (in bold).
- Click on the topic you want to read. The first post in the topic (created when the topic was created) is displayed on top followed by all responses.
- Click on the Post reply button to the right of the time for the post. A reply field appears with a formatting toolbar at the top.
Tip: Click on the Post reply button (or the red Post Reply) in the first post to reply to the original topic creator. Click on Reply to Author, under the Post reply menu, to reply to the poster through private email. Click on Forward, under the Post reply menu, to forward the post to an email address.
- (optional) Click the Quote original link to display the original message above your response.
- Type your reply in the reply field.
- (optional) Format your reply using options in the formatting toolbar.
- Click the Post button to reply to that post.