Once you have made an album public, there are many ways you can help people to access and view the album. Below are several options.
Give them the link to your Picasa Public Gallery - Every Picasa user has a unique web address for their collection of public albums, which is called your Public Gallery. If someone goes to your Public Gallery, they will see all of the albums you have made public. To get the link for this do the following:
- Click on the “My Photos” tab at the top of Picasa Web Albums
2. Click on “Public Gallery” on the right side.
- This will open up your Public Gallery.
- Simply copy the web address from the browser address bar.
- That is the link you would give people to let them access your Public Gallery. You could email the link, post it on your website, make a QR Code from it, or such.
Give them a link to a specific public album - Rather than link someone to your entire Public Gallery, you can just link them to one specific public album.
- Click on the album to open it.
- On the right side, click “Link to this album” to expand that section.
- In the “Paste link” box you can copy the web link for that particular album which you could share with others by email, a link on your website, a QR Code, or such.
- Alternately you can copy the code from the “Paste HTML” box, and paste that into your website in HTML edit mode. This will put a thumbnail of your album on your site and link people to the full album.
Insert the album as a slideshow in Google Sites - If you make your website with Google Sites, you can easily insert the public album as a slideshow on your webpage.
- Go into edit mode for the page by clicking the edit button (looks like a pencil icon) in the top right corner.
- Next click "Insert" and "Picasa Web slideshow"
- You will now see a list of your Picasa Web Albums. Choose the album you wish to display and click "Select"
- For the size, a good choice is "Large 400px"
- For "Include Title" feel free to edit the title if needed.
- Next click "Save" to insert the album slideshow.