Existing contact lists are not automatically imported into Jabber on your desktop or laptop.
1. Click into the Search or call box.
2. Type a name or IM address in the search box, and Jabber will search for potential matches. Hover your cursor over the desired contact name, then click + to add the contact.
3. A pop-up box will appear. Click the Add to arrow to put the new contact into an existing group and then click Add. You may also create a new group to put the new contact into.
The name displays on your Contacts list.
Start a chat
- To start a chat, double-click a contact name or search by name and then double-click the desired search result.
Start a group chat
- To invite everyone in a Contacts list group to a chat, right-click the group name in your Contacts list and choose Start a group chat.
- To invite participants individually, begin your chat with the first participant, then click add participants. In the Add Participants window, search for the next participant by name, then click Add. Add the remaining participants in the same way.
The group chat ends when all participants leave.