The Cisco Jabber app allows you to chat and collaborate with your co-workers from your Android.
These directions assume that the following prerequisites have been met:
- Cisco Jabber is installed and functioning correctly on your work computer.
- MDM is installed and functioning correctly on your Android.
- For the initial setup, users must be on the SHCMed-WLAN network. If you are unable to connect to this network, please contact the SHC Service Desk at 650-724-4357 (4-HELP).
- On your Android, tap Play Store.
- Using the Search feature, type in Cisco Jabber and tap the result for Cisco Jabber.
- Tap Install.
- You may be asked if you want to create a shortcut to Jabber on your home screen. Tap Cancel or OK.
- Read the notices and license terms and tap Accept.
- Swipe left and and tap Get Started Now on the next screen.
- On the login page, type in your Blake email address.
- Enter your Blake email and academic network password and tap Sign In.
- Tap the options menu in the top left-hand corner of the screen.
- Tap Sign Out, located below Settings and to the right of Accounts.
Based on Stanford University IT: Jabber for Android: Installation and Signing In and Out