Many members of the Blake community have asked the following questions:
- What will happen to the email and conference discussions in FirstClass after the transition is complete?
- How long will I be able to access my FirstClass content?
- How long will I be able to access email left on FC after Gmail goes live?
- Can I import all my emails from FirstClass?
Employees at Blake will have access to their FirstClass account for approximately one year via the FirstClass client software till September 3, 2013.
- You will be able to export email and export conference discussions as text files locally to their computer. The files can be stored locally on your computer for future reference. Please read our FAQ Export Email and Conferences from FirstClass.
- You will not able to send or receive emails from FirstClass after the transition is complete on July 6, 2012. After approximately one year, all access to FirstClass email, calendar events, and conference will cease to exist. All data will be deleted.
- However, you can copy and paste email messages from FirstClass to Gmail. Watch: Copy and Paste Email Messages from FirstClass to Gmail
- However, you can copy and paste an email address from FirstClass to Gmail or Contacts. Watch: Copy an email address from FirstClass to Gmail or Contacts
- Members of the Blake community will receive several emails regarding the progress of shutting down FirstClass.
- None of FirstClass email, calendar events, or conference information will be imported to Google due to the proprietary nature of the FirstClass system.
- However, you can export your calendar events. Read/Watch: Exporting your FirstClass calendar and importing it into Google Calendar.
- You can export your FirstClass contacts and import them into Gmail. Read/Watch: Exporting FirstClass Contacts and Importing to Google Contacts.