About Blake Guest
To connect to Blake Guest wireless, there are two options available. Guests at Blake can be provided wireless credentials from the department they are visiting, or they can register themselves through our Guest Wireless portal when connecting on-site.
See Article: Connect to Blake Guest through self-registration
The two methods for obtaining access for BlakeGuest wireless
- Guests who register for wireless service directly will have an active account for 12 hours. After the 12 hours, they must register again to have the account reactivated.
- Guests who use credentials provided by the department hosting their visit will have guest wireless for the duration of the school year.
What is the difference between using a self registered and a department Guest account for connecting to Guest wireless at Blake?
For self registered guests, the need for wireless is typically for a one time event or visit. An example might be parents here to watch a sporting event or have connectivity during activities at school.
For users that are provided with Guest credentials from a host at Blake, the wireless will remain active for the duration of the school year. These accounts provide a fast, easy way to provide community members and visitors with a way to have connectivity for the school year.
Connecting to BlakeGuest:
Connecting with an iOS Device
1. Tap the settings icon and select "Wi-Fi"Select "BlakeGuest" under "Choose a Network...".
2. Once the device connects to the network, your device will be redirected to the guest wireless logon page.
3. Once you have entered your guest credentials, please select sign in:
4. Once authenticated, you will be redirected to a confirmation screen
Connecting with Android
These screenshots utilize a Nexus 7 tablet. Specific screens may vary depending on the device.
- Tap the App Tray icon on the main screen to view more applications.
- Selects the "Settings" icon from the App menu.
- Select "Wi-Fi" from the "Settings" menu.
- Ensure that the Wi-Fi is on in the upper right corner, then select "BlakeGuest" from the list of available networks.
5. Slide down the top menu to select the "Sign into Wi-Fi network" option.
6. Your internet browser will open to the "BlakeGuest" login page. Enter your guest credentials and select sign in.
Connecting with Windows
- Select the Windows wifi connection icon from the system tray to expand the available connections menu. Then, select "BlakeGuest" from the list.
- Select the "Connect" button.
3. Open your internet browser. It should automatically navigate to the guest access page. Enter your guest credentials and select sign in.
About Blake School Guest Wireless
Blake Guest wireless is available at all campuses during business and events. Guest access is restricted to common protocols used for web and email access. There are filters in place protecting this network from using certain sites and services (such as VPN,Torrents and Cryptomining). If you are a guest, and require special accommodations to permit access to a blocked service or extended access for a third party service, please contact the Blake Information Support Services for assistance.
Blake Information Support Services