I. To create an icon on your student’s iPad home screen:
- Using the iPad Safari web browser, go to: the teacher's
- Click on the Share icon at the upper-righthand corner of the screen and select Add to Home Screen.
- Rename the page to “My Schedule” and then click Add in the upper-righthand corner.
- Drag the “My Schedule” bookmark to the Dock located at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap the “My Schedule” bookmark icon to open your student’s Weekly Schedule.
II. To Open the Weekly Class Schedule Using Google Docs
- After you open the “My Schedule” bookmark, you will see a banner at the bottom of the webpage that says “Create, edit and collaborate on the Go with the Google Docs app.” Select No, I'm not interested) (Note - the Google Docs app should already be installed on the iPad.)
- Select the Open button at the top of the web page.
- Select the Sign In button, located in the lower left of the screen
- Select the Continue button, when prompted with the message “‘Docs” Wants to Use ‘google.com’ to Sign In”
Note: Sign In with your Blake provided Google account email address (e.g., firstname.lastname@example.org) and password. You received an email from David Boxer on November 17, 2020, with this information. The subject line is "Please print and save the Blake Google Account."
- Open the schedule in the Google Docs app.
- Select the … in the top right corner of the Weekly Schedule in Google Docs.
- Select the “Star file” switch so the Weekly Schedule can be easily located in your Student’s Google Doc app..
- In the Google Doc App, you will be able to efficiently locate the Weekly Schedule by selecting the top left and selecting “Starred.”
Since the Weekly Schedule is a Google Doc, you will find it more responsive to view in the GoogleDoc application on the iPad.