You can use projectors and televisions as computer displays. To connect your Mac to your projector or television, you need a video cable that connects your computer’s display port to the video input port on your projector or TV. If you can’t find a cable that connects the ports on your Mac and TV, you may need an adapter for the cable. (You can also use AirPlay. See our Blake article about using airplay) https://support.blakeschool.org/hc/en-us/articles/4403981074843-Use-AirPlay-to-stream-from-apps-on-your-Mac-to-a-Projector-or-HDTV
At Blake, you shouldn't need to worry about these connections, as ISS has made sure that these connections were already made between the various components in your classroom. The above paragraph is a good thing to check and be aware of, if one finds that their technology is not working.
Taking a look at the Equipment mounted in the classroom.
There are two Hubs mounted on the Wall of your classroom. These two hubs work together to help your mac or computer, communicate with the Projector, Speakers, and the Unite 200 ceiling camera.
Connecting your Projector to your Mac.
1. Press the Power button on the Pilot Box.
2. Press the Computer 1 button
(Press the HDMI button if the room has an Apple TV connected to the projector; so Airplay can be used.)
3. Connect one end of the Thunderbolt 3 cable (or an adapter, if necessary) to the computer’s Thunderbolt port , HDMI port, or DVI port , then connect the other end of the cable to the StarTech Hub (there is only one place to plugin) video input port. (See images below)
4. If you need to adjust the resolution on your Projector, choose Apple menu > System Preferences, click Displays, then click Display. Select “Default for display” to automatically use the best resolution, or select Scaled to manually select a resolution.
5. If you want your Projector, TV, or Display to play audio as well as video from your Mac, choose Apple menu > System Preferences, click Sound, then click Output.
If you want to play audio on a different device (such as your computer’s speakers or the speakers mounted on the walls or imbedded into the ceiling.) Select it instead.
For more information on using you computer with a Projector, TV, or External Display, please see the links below:
For additional information or issues that arise, please submit a ticket to Instructional Support Services at https://support.blakeschool.org/