You can report a suspicious email using the IronTraps for Gmail from the IronScales button when you open an email in a web browser or in the Gmail app on your smartphone.
- Note: You cannot report suspicious emails using a 3rd party email client such as Apple Mail or Microsoft Outlook. If you have identified a suspicious email, please log in to Gmail for the Web.
Watch Report Phishing with IronTraps:
Four Steps to Report a Suspicious Email
1. Select the IronTraps Gmail Add-On. In Gmail for the Web or on the Gmail App for the Apple iPhone or Android Device, select the IronTraps Gmail Add-On.
2. The IronTraps and Report Phishing dialogue box will appear.
Select a reason for "Why do think this email is suspicious?" in the drop-down menu.
3. Select a reason for "Why do think this email is suspicious?" in the drop-down menu.
Note: If a field to "Type your comment" appears, please add additional information to help the Information Support Services team understand why you deemed it a suspicious email.
4. Select the REPORT button to submit your response.
5. You will receive a notice that the "Email Reported Successfully.
Select the "X" button to close the IronTraps Gmail Add-On.
What happens when you report an email? Information Support Services will review your report and classify it, using special tools and resources to determine whether it’s a bad email. You will receive an email notification regarding your report’s status.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q1) Can I forward suspicious-looking emails when I don't have the IronTraps Report Phishing button?
Yes, you can send forward emails that look suspicious emails to email@example.com.
Q2) Why don’t I see the IronTraps button on a third-party mail client such as Apple Mail or Microsoft Outlook?
IronTraps is a tool for reporting suspicious emails in the Gmail app on your smartphone or when using Gmail in a web browser. However, this tool is not available in third-party mail clients such as Apple Mail or Microsoft Outlook.
Gmail for the Web
Gmail App for the Apple iPhone or Android
The IronTraps button will allow you to report a suspicious email directly from your email account to Information Support Services. If you’re unsure as to whether the email you got is malicious or safe, please report it! We will do the rest :)