Overview of a Blake Managed 1-to-1 iPad:
I. Setup Your Passcode
- Swipe right on your iPad's screen to unlock it. Once you enable your passcode, this is the screen on which you'll enter it.
- Open your "Settings" app. This is the grey gear app on your home screen.
- Scroll until you find the "Passcode" option, then tap it. If this is your first time enabling a passcode, "Turn Passcode On" will be the only selectable option. If your iPad supports Touch ID, this option will be called "Touch ID & Passcode".
- Tap "Turn Passcode On". Your iPad will prompt you for your desired 4-digit passcode.
- Enter a passcode of your choosing. You'll need to enter it again exactly the same way on the next screen to verify.
- Confirm your passcode by typing it in again. If both your new passcodes match each other, you'll be taken back to the "Passcode Lock" screen.
- Press your lock button to lock your iPad. You still need to confirm that your passcode is active.
- Swipe right on your iPad's screen, then enter your passcode. Your iPad is now passcode-protected! You can change or remove your passcode at any time in the "Passcode" menu.
Note: You can also add TouchID, if it is enabled for your AppleID.
III. Add iOS or iPad Apps via Blake's Self Service Mobile (JSS / Jamf)
Reference: wikiHow to Set a Passcode on the iPad