CAUTION: DISABLING A GROUP IS AN ADVANCED FEATURE THAT SHOULD ONLY BE DONE DELIBERATELY AND UNDER SPECIAL CIRCUMSTANCES.
Disable a group
Disabling a group causes group activity to be frozen. Once disabled, all new posts to the group will be rejected. Old messages will be browseable and searchable online by anyone that has permission to view the group's content. If this setting is reverted, 'Who can post messages' will automatically be set to 'Managers only' in the 'Basic permissions' section. To disable a group:
- From the Topics screen, click on the Manage button. A list of items appears on the left-hand side of the screen.
- Click on Information. Several items are listed.
- Click on Advanced. The Advanced screen appears.
- Click on the Disable this group button. The Disable group confirmation dialog box appears.
- Click on the Disable group button to disable the group.